You will be provided with a College email account which is hosted within the College’s Microsoft Office 365 environment.
Your email address will take the form email@example.com.
How to access student email and Office 365
1. Open a web browser on your device (usually Google Chrome/Microsoft Internet Explorer/Safari/Firefox) and in the URL bar at the top of the browser, type office365.com
2. Select the “Sign into your Account” icon at the top right hand side of the screen.
3. When prompted enter your student email address - this is your student number followed by @cityofglacol.ac.uk
4. Enter your initial password. This is the word City followed by your date of birth in the format DDMMYY (for instance your password might be City260495). The password is case sensitive.
5. You will need to update your password, enter the default password when prompted for your old password. Then type in a new password of your own choice, a strong password is required. Try including a capital letter and a number. Confirm your password by typing it again. Then click 'Save'.
6. You will be asked to provide an alternative method of contact in case you forget or have to reset your password. Choose either your phone number or other email address.
7. Your email setup should now be complete. If you forget your email password you will need to contact the IT Department to request a reset of the password. You can contact the IT Service Desk on:
Telephone: 0141 375 6600